Romantic Honeymoon Ideas
|HOMECabinsB&Bs and HotelsRomantic PlacesRomantic IdeasHoneymoonsUS Map|
Getting married is an exciting and memorable time in everyone's life. The planning can be stressful and the costs exorbitant, but in the end, you'll have said "I do" with the one you love. Afterwards you and your partner will want to escape to that perfect romantic honeymoon destination where the two of you can relax and enjoy the first few days (or weeks) or marital bliss. From coast to coast, there are thousands of romantic, exciting, relaxing, and unique places for your honeymoon. If you both love the nightlife and are looking to be wild and crazy day and night, major cities like New York, Los Angeles, or Las Vegas can really deliver. Maybe you two love to get out in the fresh air and ride whitewater rapids together? Or perhaps you'd prefer to dig your toes in the sand while sipping a frosty cocktail with the warm sun on your skin? Whatever your tastes, The fifty United States have something to offer everyone in search of the perfect honeymoon. Anything is possible depending on your budget. But even those on a small honeymoon budget can find a romantic honeymoon destination close to or far from home.
1. The Hawaiian Islands- A year-round temperate climate, Trade Wind ocean breezes, and Polynesian Island culture come together to create a honeymoon destination unlike any other in the US. Visitors enjoy the warm hospitality offered by the locals and sample island fare while sipping cool umbrella drinks. In addition to miles of white sand beaches, there are black sand beaches here too. Just a three hour flight from the west coast, these islands were formed by underwater volcanoes. The unique construction of Hawaii offers a variety of activities, from the dramatic Volcanoes National Park on the island of Hawaii to the "Garden Isle" wonders of Kauai. And there's big city fun to be had too, including shopping and fine dining.
2. Niagara Falls - Particularly popular to honeymooners in the Northeast and Midwest, Niagara Falls is the most notable scenic wonder shared by the United States and Canada. It has been a honeymoon destination for decades. Like the Poconos in Pennsylvania, Niagara Falls has focused much of its attention on showering honeymooners with romantic opportunities. Take a ride on the legendary Maid of the Mist to get as close as possible to these magnificent falls. North of the Falls are the Niagara Wine Trail, home to some of the world's best icewines and the charming Canadian colonial town of Niagara-on-the-Lake. An hour and a half to the northeast and visitors can find the beautiful Canadian Metropolis of Toronto, and to the south, New York's bustling historic city of Buffalo.
3. Florida Keys - Perhaps the closest thing the continental US has to offer in the way of an Island honeymoon. beautiful blue tropical waters lap against white sand beaches here and there's no shortage of sunshine. The Keys offer honeymooners a true tropical honeymoon. Victorian architecture is everywhere here amidst a festive but relaxing atmosphere. There are many luxurious resorts here as well as quiet bed and breakfasts and inns. Take sunset cruises in the evenings and spend days simply laying in the sun.
4. Colorado Ski Country - Getting married in the winter or early spring? If you are a winter sport enthusiast, consider a honeymoon in the Rocky Mountain. The picturesque resorts communities of Aspen, Vail, Telluride and Breckenridge offer some of the world's most pristine and challenging downhill skiing as well as cozy inns, and romantic fireside dinners. You don't have to be an avid skier to enjoy this awesome place. The Rockies are truly breathtaking to see and there are lots of different ways to view them. Lift rides transport honeymooners to spectacular peaks. Even in warmer months when snow is sparse, these lovely little towns offer western charm and warm weather activities like hiking and horseback riding.
5. Walt Disney Resorts - Fl and CA -
For lovers who are young at heart! Whether you choose Disneyworld in Orlando,
FL or Disneyland in Anaheim, CA, Disney has been a honeymoon destination
for lovers the world over. Sure there are exciting rides and activities,
but it's the overall feel of this magical place where princesses find
their Prince Charmings and live happily ever after. Disney offers great
honeymoon packages to either Magic Kingdoms complete with hotel stays
at nearby Disney resorts. If you want to spend the first week or so of
married life living like a kid again, Walt Disney has the magic to make
7. Las Vegas - "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" goes the motto, and this city really can deliver. If you are looking for a honeymoon in a city where day rolls into night and entertainment and fun is found around ever corner and ever slot machine, this is your town. Risk takers enjoy the non-stop gambling, shopaholics can dive into hundreds of shops and boutiques. Then there are the endless array of restaurants, shows, and nightclubs. Many of the hotels and resorts offer great honeymoon packages to help fit your budget. When you need a break from the bright lights and thumping beats of Vegas take a short drive to the Grand Canyon or Hoover Dam, two great landmarks.
8. Napa Valley - Honeymoons in this
stunning local mean beautiful rolling hills thick with green vineyards
with moderate weather year round. There is a small town feel here with
opportunities for big city indulgences. Luxury hotels and B&Bs with
4 star restaurants boasting some of the worlds most renowned chefs. And
then there's the wine. Some of the worlds finest wines to be exact. Tasting
tours can be done through tour companies or on your own. Amidst the little
boutiques and eateries, there are fine art galleries and unique shops
full of interesting gifts and antiques. This is the place to spend your
honeymoon relaxed and pampered. Napa is located just more than an hour
north of San Francisco.
You might want to consider all of the exciting honeymoon destinations above as wonderful spots form exchanging vows as well! Each location has more than adequate facilities to host the grandest and largest wedding ceremonies to most intimate. Thanks to the internet making wedding arrangements from a distance has never been easier. And some of them are surprisingly affordable. Even if these don't appeal to you, there are wonderful places throughout the US that seem as though they were made for exchanging vows. The shores of the Pacific and Atlantic oceans offer thousands of miles of gorgeous coastline and pristine beaches that make the perfect backdrop for a romantic wedding ceremony. Additionally there are stunning natural attractions, like the Grand Canyon, Rocky Mountains, Blue Ridge Mountains, beautiful rolling grassy plains, bubbling streams, and crystalline lakes that can make any wedding exceptional. Then there are those unique places like wineries, country farms, botanical gardens, and more that can add a special and unique touch to your special day. The wonderful thing about Mother Nature is that she provides her services for little or nothing. If you're considering a wedding in a National Park, you'll want to contact Park Services and look into any requirements for ceremonies and large group considerations. Also, some parks may be inaccessible during certain times of the year.
Make your plans for this special occasion well in advance to make certain you and your spouse-to-be have the wedding and honeymoon of your dreams!
Romantic Honeymoons in the US states
|Romantic Getaway Ideas © 2014|